Re: MGA trade?

To: "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>, "AOH9999@aol.com" <AOH9999@aol.com>
Subject: Re: MGA trade?
From: David Ambrose <stargazer1@home.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 23:47:15 -0700
Max Heim wrote:

> Hmm, this is an interesting point. I appreciate the fact that people are
> concerned about their children's safety, but I wonder, are we getting too
> paranoid? Let me just ask the list: how many of you have ever rolled over in
> an automobile?

        Oddly enough, there only one roll-over incident which I know about
personally. It was a RHD MGA. The driver was alone, and he was mostly
unharmed. He was very lucky. He had to leave the roadway to avoid a
head-on another vehicle. The shoulder was muddy, his tires dug in, and
the car rolled. Short kids would probably be OK because their heads are
shorter than the bodywork. But, do you really want to bank on that with
your kids?

        I'll put in another vote for an MGB-GT. We put 3 seatbelts in the back
and could get all three of our little ones in there. It was quite a
sight. The first time we did it, my friends came out to see us actually
load up the car. :-) And yes, they love the car very much.

        Cheers,
        Dave Ambrose

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list