Re: MGA trade?

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGA trade?
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 13:40:28 -0700
While I concur that SUVs are a menace, I would just ask where are the
statistics that show that being hit by an SUV causes passenger cars to roll
over? It's the SUVs that do the rolling over, generally speaking. That is
why I would argue that driving your kids in a Saab 9-3 convertible is not
"significantly" more risky than driving them in a Saab 9-3 sedan (for
instance). At any rate it's certainly not in the category of recklessness of
carrying the kids in an open pickup bed. But these are the kinds of
decisions that one has to make for oneself and one's family, so I don't mean
to criticize anyone.

Though it does occur to me, why would one allow one's spouse to ride in a
vehicle that one wouldn't allow one's kids to ride in? Or drive it oneself,
for that matter? It kind of argues the whole LBC hobby out of existence (or
at least the roadsters)...

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149