Re: Caution! Possible Attempted Virus attack!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Caution! Possible Attempted Virus attack!
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 00:15:35 +0930
Ajhsys@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 10/10/01 9:08:31 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> microdoc@zoominternet.net writes:
>
> > Exactly how did you determine where it was originating from? Do you have
> > special
> >

> - - - - - - - - - - -
>
> No special software.  Just look for "uk" in the e-mail address.  All out of
> USA (OK, most) e-mail will have initials of the country of origin.

Yes, not all ;-)

http://spamcop.net has a useful 'track down the sender' facility within
its spam reporting service (gets past forged headers and the like) - or
you could do it the hard way and wander through the message headers
yourself.  Some viri were munging the headers so you shouldn't take them
at face value (spamcop.net saves you a bit of work).

Of course I also use spamcop.net as it is fully intended and get my own
little buzz from parsing my spam through its service and having it send
the reports back up the line to try and get accounts closed, etc.

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

///