Re: The end of Speedvision

To: Ajhsys@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: The end of Speedvision
From: Tomsaudi200@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 01:26:02 EDT
In a message dated 10/18/01 10:53:13 AM, Ajhsys@aol.com writes:

<< http://charlotte.bcentral.com/charlotte/stories/2001/10/15/story6.html >>

Alan,

Thank you for posting this very interesting, yet depressing news article. I
had feared the acquisition of Speedvision by FOX would eventually morph the
channel into a 24-7 NASCAR network, leaving F1 and WRC fans like me in the
dust. Not to mention Speedvision's excellent coverage at Goodwood and other
top-rated events that few NASCAR fans would be interested.

To those of you who haven't, I have written a couple e-mails to Speedvision,
and never received any kind of response. While SV's F1 commentators, Bob
Varsha, Steve Matchett, Sam Posey and David Hobbs are the greatest and most
entertaining racing guru's I have ever had the pleasure of listening to
assure us Speedvision intends on continuing its coverage, thie article Alan
posted makes me think otherwise.

Yes, I threatened to cancel Speedvision if they drop F1 and WRC. Should they
care? No. For every one of me, there are 10,000 NASCAR fans.

What a shame. Speedvision was really coming into its own, with brilliant
coverage of LeMans, the Petit LeMans, and so many other forms of honest
racing. Europeans can count themselves lucky, and should take for granted the
racing coverage they get.

What's worse, this comes at a time when F1 is trying to expand its fan base
in America. I cannot imagine Bernie Ecclestone sees this move as a step in
the right direction.

Sorry for dragging on so long, this is just a subject that upsets me alot. I
love Formula 1, and Speedvision just as it is. You can get all the NASCAR
coverage you want on FOX, NBC, TNN, ESPN, and TNT. Leave SV alone!

Tom

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///