Re: The end of Speedvision

To: MG Listserver <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The end of Speedvision
From: Chris Attias <cattias@cats.ucsc.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 13:53:14 -0700
Depressing news indeed!  Before I got Speed Vision, F1 was also run
on a Fox Sports Network channel--does anyone remember the years or
who the commentators were?.  I remember the commentary as being OK, a
bit more hyper but not quite as saavy as SV's.  And certainly not as
painfully awful as ABC's coverage of the US GP this year!  I hope
whoever picks up the broadcast rights gets a team half as good as
Bob, Sam, David, Steve, and Peter.

On the up side, maybe SV can do something to make NASCAR more
interesting.  More onboard cameras and driver's eye view coverage
might break up that numbing long-shot camera coverage that seems to
be the norm.  Lawrie's right--wheel-to-wheel 200 mph racing can be
exciting, if you can get down there in the car.
--
Chris Attias
Aptos, CA

///