Re: Help needed with determining car # !!!

To: mvheim@studiolimage.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Help needed with determining car # !!!
From: "Dave Munroe" <brutusdog1@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 21:56:32 -0300
Max: you said:

"assume that's because you gave them the engine number to go from. I would
think in this case Phil would start with the VIN on the title. If the body
#, commission #, and engine # on the actual car turn out not to match, then
at least Phil would have his worst suspicions confirmed."

This is true, although from what Phil has told us, I think he already knows
his car is a "bitsa". Whether or not it was built with criminal intent, that
is the question.

In my case, I sent Clausager ( he was the BMIHT director at the time)
everything I had, including the commission #, the motor number, the
re-issued non-standard V.I.N. etc. everything BUT the missing car#. He chose
to send me the info related to the Motor#. I suppose it was a judgement call
on his part, if in fact he could have given me the car# that went with the
comission#, but I think not, as I had specifically told him I wanted the
latter.

That is interesting info regarding other places that the car# can be found;
I will have a look. Thanks for that!

Dave