starting saga

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: starting saga
From: Montgomery Morris <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 22:42:44 -0800
To everyone that has tried to diagnosis this 6 week problem I've had:

Blake (Bullwinkle)just mentioned " My 75 wiring diagram shows the
current to the coil passes through the tach.  That's so the tach
can count the pulses of each spark plug firing, and therefore
calculate the speed the engine is turning.  It's possible that
the tach is shorting out inside."

Several weeks ago, while checking for loose connections etc, under the
dash, I broke the white/black wire connection that goes into the tach. The
connector part fell inside the tach's body leaving me with just the exposed
wire. I noticed that when the car was running (it would run sometimes at
this time) and I grounded the bare wire to the back of the tach that it
would kill the motor. I taped the wire end so it wouldn't ground out
anywhere and decided I could worry about the tach later, after I got the
car running. Could this broken wire be the whole cause of the 79B not
starting-firing once when switch is turned on-then only fires again when
switch is released. Backfiring under hood when fires. Gas smell.
Monte

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///