Re:Rubber Bumper Crash Test

To: Dave Munroe <brutusdog1@hotmail.com>, miket_nyc@juno.com
Subject: Re:Rubber Bumper Crash Test
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 11:34:01 -0800 (PST)
I would have to believe that the RB's are stronger than the CB's. I have
personal experience of being rear-ended in my '76 B when I was stopped.
The guy behind me (in a Pontiac Sunfire) hit me at between 20 and 30 mph.
Fortunately, he hit me flush on the rear bumper - there was no damage to
the rear of my car other than a small scratch on the bumper. Because he
was braking hard, his car was hit above his front bumper and wiped out the
headlights, grille and radiator. Unfortunately, I was pushed into the
seriously stout rear bumper of the pick-up in front of me. I lost all the
sheet metal forward of the doors and scuttle panel in front of the
windshield. The front bumper was also unscathed, since it never contacted
with anything....!

I would think that, if I had been driving a CB car, the lower ride height
would have caused me to have to replace the boot lid and straighten the
rear fenders and out as well....

"Ugly be effective".....

=====
Dan DiBiase