Re: Rubber bumper crash test

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rubber bumper crash test
From: "mghirsch" <mghirsch@netzero.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 19:17:33 -0600
I don't know what the ratings are, but I am told that the rubber bumper B's
meet all current crash tests, except for side impact.

BTW, I have been in two accidents with my RB.  The worst one had me as the ham
in a ham sandwich.  When the accident was done, I was in contact with a Toyota
Pickup in front, and a Mitsubishi Spyder in the back.  The Spyder had it's
front bumper destroyed, the hood was sprung and hit and broke the windshield.
The Toyota's bumper was pushed forward about 6 inches.  I had scratches on
both bumpers.  It was funny when the other drivers were looking at their cars
wondering what it would cost, while  I started was asking  them "Do you know
what it costs to repair a classic British Roadster?"

Maynard Hirsch

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///