Re: Rubber Bumper Crash Test

To: brutusdog1@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Rubber Bumper Crash Test
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 16:11:22 -0500
  One could argue that the raised height of the rubber bumper provides
some protection that the chrome bumper would not.
  Twice my '75 MGB was rear-ended, once hard enough to slam my head hard
against the headrest.  In both cases the MGB emerged unscathed, not even
the taillamps cracked.  In the first case the MGB bumper wiped out the
grille on the car of the drunk who hit it. In the second case, it was
rubber bumper MGB attacked by rubber bumper Buick, and was a standoff.
These were both straight-on attacks from the rear at stopsigns.
Bob

> Mike;
>
> This is an interesting question: the Rubber Bumpers were designed to
> meet
> the 5 mph "no damage" rule, but I have never seen any information
> related to
> their relative advantage over Chrome Bumper B's in this regard.
> Certainly a
> 20mph run into a tree was not likely on the radar screen at that
> time! Kudos
> to Deutsch Qualitat...
>
> Anyone on this list have any info on this aspect of RB's?
>
> Dave

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///