Re: Heater switch and fan.

To: paul.hunt1@virgin.net, "Mgs@autox.team.net" <Mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Heater switch and fan.
From: James Schulte <schultejim@prodigy.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 09:03:18 -0800
Paul,
I found a new switch in my box of goodies and it worked fine.  I also
cleaned the old switch inside and out with electrical spray cleaner and
dabbed it with dielectric grease on all contact points (as suggested by
another lister, I think it was Hans) and it works as well. However the
fan still does not.  I cleaned and greased all points on the fan with no
luck.  How do I take the fan apart and check the insides?
Jim
78B
70B
paul.hunt1@virgin.net wrote:

>Your diagnosis of the switch seems ok, but when you jumpered the switch did
>you still have good voltage on post 1?  A high-resistance on the green could
>supply enough power to light your lamp but not to power the motor.
>Similarly did you check that you had voltage at the connectors by the fan
>motor?  If you have voltage on both the green/yellow and the black the
>problem is a bad ground.  If it is on neither it is bad wiring between the
>switch and the motor.  If it is on the green/yellow but not the black it is
>a bad motor, but always check both sides of ther bullet connectors.
>
>PaulH.
>

>>Hi gang,
>>I think I have a bad heater switch and a bad fan for the 70B. I'm using
>>a test light to check this so stick with me. I get power from the double
>>green wires on post 1 of the switch when I turn the ignition on. When I
>>flip the switch to on , no power transfers to post  2 or 4 on the
>>switch.  If I jump the switch  and connect the green and the
>>green/yellow wires, I get power to the fan but the fan doesn't run.  I
>>disconnected the ground wire from the fan and tried to ground that wire
>>to a body bolt that was unpainted.  No luck.  I conclude that the fan is
>>bad and the switch is bad.  Am I right or is it another problem I'm
>>
>missing?

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///