mga identification

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: mga identification
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 12:30:45 EST
In a message dated 11/10/01 8:30:11 PM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> Also it is my understanding that there is no tach drive on the Nash eng.
> because it had no tach.  (Go figure)
>
> Just another puzzle to figure out.   How bout a MGB tach? That should work
> with a little enginuity.

If you are fitting an MGA camshaft anyway, it will have the tach drive gear
on the back. The unmachined flat is already on the Nash engine, and you can
easily drill 3 holes and tap 2 to fit the tach drive spigot from the MG
engine.

I have to ask, though - why bother. By the time you have changed half the
engine out (head, pistons, cam) you could have found and rebuilt a nice 3
main MGB that will bolt in and be far nicer.

Bill

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///