Re: Flywheel Removal

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Flywheel Removal
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 12:37:02 EST
In a message dated 11/10/01 8:30:11 PM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> Anyone invent a tool for holding the flywheel while you try and loosen the
> bolts? Short of having my wife try and hold it, looking for a hint or tip
> here..... Thx...

Assuming the engine is out of the car and the pan is off, just put a 2x4 or
rubber coated hammer handle between the crankcase and the crank to lock the
whole thing in place, and then carefully loosen the nuts (or bolts, if you
have one of the newfangled engines).

Probably not as good as a wife holding a prybar against the teeth of the ring
gear (insert a bolt through one of the rear plate holes to lever against),
but in my experience, the solitary method results in much less noise.......

Bill

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///