Re: Towing a Trailer

To: WLHoss@aol.com
Subject: Re: Towing a Trailer
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 08:05:20 -0500
Bill,
  One of our club members travelled to Indianapolis for the gathering a
couple of years ago and needed more space than his MG offered.
  From MG Owners Club he ordered a trailer hitch that, he said, bolted
right on to his MGB. You might contact them, if you or your club is a
member, to see if they have a hitch for the MGA.
  Others I know have had a local welder make up a hitch.
  The trailer he towed was a snowmobile trailer, to which he secured a
minivan plastic rooftop carrier. He said that it towed easily, that he
was almost unaware of it being behind him, that performance was only
slightly affected and that he was pleased with the experiment.
  I have towed a Laser (sailing dinghy) behind my MGB for thousands of
miles and, once upon a time (long,long ago) towed a Penguin (sailing
dinghy) behind my TD. A U-haul shop made the hitch for the MGB.
Bob

On Tue, 13 Nov 2001 20:22:55 EST WLHoss@aol.com writes:
> OK, lets try this again without hitting the send button to quickly.
>
> I am thinking of taking a trip in my 59 1500 MGA.  Putting luggage
> in the
> boot is a joke as that's where the necessary spares go.  I have read
> several
> reports of people towing a trailer with MGA's and wondered what they
> were
> using.  Any suggestions appreciated.
>
> Bill

///