Re: Towing a Trailer

To: WLHoss@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Towing a Trailer
From: Bob Shaw <shaws@mlcltd.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 22:27:46 -0600
At 8:22 PM -0500 11/13/01, WLHoss@aol.com wrote:
>OK, lets try this again without hitting the send button to quickly.
>
>I am thinking of taking a trip in my 59 1500 MGA.  Putting luggage in the
>boot is a joke as that's where the necessary spares go.  I have read several
>reports of people towing a trailer with MGA's and wondered what they were
>using.  Any suggestions appreciated.
>
>Bill
Depends on how heavily you pack and what spares you take. Ive done a
couple of trips the past few years in my A. The first was from
Lincoln, NE to Eugene Oregon (ran into Lew and his trailer in
Dannebrog, NE) and the second to Niagra Falls by way of Canada, also
from Lincoln. The total mileage for both trips is about 9000 miles.
My wife came along on both trips, and we even brought a computer and
a timing light. We do not use a trailer, and have all we need on the
trip. We do stop at a coin operated laundry about once a week,
though. We think the A is a great car to travel in.

--
Bob Shaw
Check out Shaw's Garage at http://www.mlcltd.com/shawsgarage/

///