RE: NICE TR7

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: NICE TR7
From: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 05:50:46 -0600
When the TR7 first came out my wife and I looked at a brand new one, in fact
we actually took a test drive.  Being a fairly young couple with a baby we
decided the TR7 wouldn't work as our only car so we never bought one.  I
think this was one of our better decisions.

I currently own a 71 TR6 as well as my MGs.  I like both cars very much.
They both have good points and not so good points.  If I was comparing I
would say overall I like the MGB better, but I don't want to get rid of the
TR6.  I think the MGB rides and drives better than the TR6.  The MGB is less
expensive to maintain than the TR6.  But when it come to power and the
thrill of "WOW" the TR6 beats the MGB hands down.  I guess to be honest I
should compare the TR6 to an MGC, but since I have never driven an MGC I
have to compare to what I have and know.

Ken
71 TR6  (fun car)
80 MGB  (fun car)
74 MGB (in restoration)