Re: NICE TR7

To: <Mowog1@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: NICE TR7
From: "Rick Lindsay" <ROLindsay@Emeraldgrc.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 07:48:04 -0600
> I was once asked by a very nice Triumph owner what I felt the difference
> between the MG and the Triumph was......I replied, "The MG is a finely
tuned
> motorcar, whereas the Triumph is simply a tractor with a bodyshell."  The
> Triumph owned actually laughed at this comment, stating, "Good one!"

   Rick, I know this is exactly the WRONG forum to state this
but I grew up a Triumph fan/owner and only recently learned
to like the MGs.  No, I don't care for the later TRs.  The TR6,
albeit a classic and a car I once owned, is not that interesting to
me.  I do like the TR250 though and would enjoy owning another.
You know, the thing, as a younger man, that I didn't like about
the MGB was the quilted pillow dash.  I liked the Triumph's
wood.  Then I saw a proper MGB dash in the black crinkle
finish.  THAT is way cool.
   These are just honest opinions and Tuesday morning thoughts
guys.  Don't shoot me yet.

Rick currently-MG-less Lindsay

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list