Re: Dash Crinkle Paint

To: Tom Bott <tbott1@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: Dash Crinkle Paint
From: dennis <mg-dennis@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 14:11:39 -0800
I'm in the process of painting my MG.  I have the dash off and need to do the
same
thing.  I know the key to getting a good wrinkle finish is doing it warm.  Heat
lamps are needed.  What I want to do is powder coat the dash.  I called a local
powder coater and was told they offer several wrinkle finishes.  I'll be going
their shop later this week to see the samples.  I'll let you know how it looks
and
how much they want to do it.

Tom Bott wrote:

> Good Day List,
>
> Question from a  friend of mine  who just got his 65 MGB back from the paint
> shop and is now attemping to paint his original dash with "crinkle" paint.  So
> far, he has had no success.  Anyone out there with a helpful word or web site
> with info on how to?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom
> Having another Ragtop Day here in Florida

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///