Re: Clutch Problems

To: "Ryan, Wesley" <wryan@giplastek.com>
Subject: Re: Clutch Problems
From: "James H. Nazarian, Ph.D." <microdoc@zoominternet.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 20:59:31 -0500
"Ryan, Wesley" wrote:

> Just a quick thought. according to my theory by using a mityvac system (easy
>bleed) for a MC you are able to pull the fluid through without actually
>pumping the petal. if this is true by just opening the valve...eventually the
>fluid would run down. am I correct? The reason I ask this is when I removed
>the hose directly attached to the Master cylinder no fluid runs out at all.
>However if I push I hear the sound of air being sucked in. would all of you
>agree that there is clog somewhere in the MC.

I went through the exact same routine two weeks ago with my son's 1972
MGB. I used to have an EeeZee Bleed. I always had good luck with it
until I lost it. For some reason that now evades me, I bought a MityVac
this time. I did not have good results with it. I was not able to get a
good suction from the clutch slave nipple; if the nipple is loose enough
to let fluid pass, it is also loose enough to allow air to be drawn
through to the MityVac.

I think that sound we both heard is a big ol' air bubble at the back end
of the MC piston. The EeeZee Bleed would push fluid down to the nipple
in one continuous motion from it's own reservoir. The MityVac can't do
that given the design of the MG Clutch Slave Bleeder Nipple.

That is just my frustrated opinion. I have every expectation that I will
have to buy an EeeZee Bleed to finish this job.

--
Jim
microdoc@zoominternet.net

///