RE: Wilson Preselector Gearbox

To: kmr@pil.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Wilson Preselector Gearbox
From: Duinhoven_Hans@emc.com
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 10:44:10 -0500
Kai,

I'm not knowledgable with this box, but have some books at home wherein
these gearboxes are mentioned as being part of real classic cars. Some
people hated the boxes in these times I can remember of the stories, because
it was not always clear what the next pre-selected gearnumber would be.
Especially in the current busy traffic I can imagine this type of box would
not be easy to drive with.

Try to find the American author Ralph Stein via the Internet. Perhaps he
might be able to help.

Good luck!

Cheers,

Hans