Re: Wilson Preselector Gearbox

To: yd3@nvc.net
Subject: Re: Wilson Preselector Gearbox
From: Aeseeyou@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 23:55:21 EST
Blake and Eric,
I found the following information on a quick trip up the Internet highway!
Wilson Pre-selector gearboxes were used in many early British cars like the
Riley and the Lagonda. You can find a quick Q & A about these transmissions
by going to:
 >>http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/guy.weatherall/ht/presel.htm
Hey, guess what? Our own Lawrie Alexander and Berry Kercheval are among those
who pose and answer questions about this early "automatic-like" gearbox. Many
vintage race cars used them ERA's, Connaughts, and the Laystal Cromard for
example. Also it bears reference to use of the Wilson Pre-Selector Gearbox in
the early MG-PA's among others. Very interesting stuff if you want to do a
quick read! Hey..Mele Kelekemaka from the Colonies, Y' all! Albert Escalante,
1978 MGB

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///