Re: Blown Head gasket

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Blown Head gasket
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 18:57:00 EST
In a message dated 12/31/01 3:42:27 PM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> Second, typically it isn't "hard" driving that causes valves to burn. Rather
> travelling at steady speeds for hours at a time is more often the cause.

Exactly, Lawrie.

I have experienced wear on my low mileage Jensen CV-8 (found out about it
when I had to pull a head for something else), which I rebuilt just before
lead became an issue. I have not done all that many miles on it, but many
have been going to and from meets in California from BC - 10 hours at a time
on the highway seems a formula for accelerated wear.

Oh yes - let me say that this 'awards' business is in the poorest of taste -
no wonder the perpetrators have chosen to hide their names. The people cited
are presumably young and enthusiastic, and have perhaps not yet learned all
there is to know about their cars (who among us has?). Since when has
unbridled enthusiasm been a sin? We were all there once - that's why they
read this group - to learn. I would much rather tolerate their sometimes
simplistic questions than your malicious response.

Bill Spohn
(hoping that the bronze seats in the Lamborghini are up to the job!)

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///