Re: language fun

To: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>, MGS <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: language fun
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2002 13:20:45 -0500
Sorry to intrude!  In real English a bowser is a tanker for refueling
aircraft (as seen on many an airport runways) but in the colonies of
Australia & New Zealand they corrupted it to include petrol pumps.  I have
not investigated corruption has taken place in the North American colonies.

All this said with pith helmet on head, stingah in one hand, and natural
hand cut Orlik pipe in the other.

At 02:36 AM 1/2/02 +1030, Eric wrote:
>Valerie Stabenow wrote:
> >
> > Well, actually, I am quite familiar with typical UK auto terms..spanner,
> > lift, lorry, etc and I speak fluent French and Spanish....bowser is just a
> > new entry!
> >

>Aaarrrgghhh... are you suggesting that because you are familiar with
>'typical UK auto terms' that this will make you familiar with Australian
>terms?  They are on your side of the planet, not ours!
>
>Besides, what has Lorry got to do with this argument?  Who brought him
>into it?
>
>;-)
>
>--
>Eric
>'68MGB MkII
>Adelaide, South Australia
>
>///
>///
>///  Send list postings to mgs@autox.team.net
>///  Edit your replies!  If they include this trailer, they will NOT be sent.

Regards
Barrie

Barrie Robinson - barrier@bconnex.net

///