Re: language fun

To: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Subject: Re: language fun
From: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2002 10:24:07 -0600
Eric wrote:

> Valerie Stabenow wrote:
> >
> > Well, actually, I am quite familiar with typical UK auto terms..spanner,
> > lift, lorry, etc and I speak fluent French and Spanish....bowser is just a
> > new entry!
> >

> Aaarrrgghhh... are you suggesting that because you are familiar with
> 'typical UK auto terms' that this will make you familiar with Australian
> terms?  They are on your side of the planet, not ours!
>
> Besides, what has Lorry got to do with this argument?  Who brought him
> into it?
>
> ;-)

I say keep up your local dialect, Eric. Maybe we can all learn a bit
more
language. Someday, maybe I'll be less of an "ugly american" and even
learn
how to dial an international number. :-)

20C (68F) doesn't sound so bad. To me, 40F (let's see (40-32)/2.2 sounds
like
3-4C) is top down weather.

Happy New Year.

> --