Re: Connecting Rod Lengths

To: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Subject: Re: Connecting Rod Lengths
From: "Michael Singleton" <oneton66@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 09:28:36 -0800
> Anyhow, if someone gets a chance today could they please measure the
center
> to center length of an MGB connecting rod?
> And if anyone can do the same for a Twin Cam rod, I would be quite
grateful!

Actually, they should be the same length, except for the fact that the tgwin
cam rods are fully floating and that the "regular" rods use a pinch bolt
arrangement on the small end. Twin cam rods were the racers choice in all
MGA and early MGB engines, until the use of aftermarket (Carillo, etc) rods
were allowed, and then finally the factory went to fully floating rods.

Michael Singleton

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///