Re:

To: Patton Dickson <kpdii@softhome.net>
Subject: Re:
From: Bud Krueger <budkrueger@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2002 19:06:03 -0500
Patton,

    I realize that you're anxious to fire up the engine, but your last
description of carburetor ills sounds as if you shouldn't rush it.  I'd suggest
that you get a couple of rebuilding kits for the carburetors and get 'em squared
away before you go any farther. There's a great video available from MOSS
(starring our own Lawrie Alexander) that can step-by-step directions for redoing
the carburetors.  If your fuel pump is an SU, it should stop pumping when the
float bowls fill up.

The starter fluid is basically ether, a highly flammable liquid/gas.  It doesn't
need carburetion.

Good luck,

Bud Krueger