Re: End of the year awards... Message CAN be traced!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: End of the year awards... Message CAN be traced!
From: "Simon Matthews" <simon_atwork@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2002 21:36:24 +0000
Jerry,

Unfortunately, in the email you show, all the headers in the original email
from the sender have been removed. What you are seeing is only the headers
that were added when the email was sent my Mark's mailing list program.

However, I expect Mark has the original source email.

If Mark has the original email and if it was sent via a cable modem, then it
would be simple to track the sender. DHCP does not normally assign IP
addresses randomly. In fact, IP addresses for cable internet customers tend
to be pretty stable for months at a time. Thus, Mark could scan for the same
IP address in other recent emails.

Simon