Re: End of the year awards... Message CAN be traced!

To: jerbesfield@Prudentialgeorgia.com
Subject: Re: End of the year awards... Message CAN be traced!
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 00:02:24 -0600
Jerry Erbesfield wrote:

> Rocky:
>
> THANK YOU for sharing! This proves that INFORMATION is the way to stop
> things like the "Awards Committee" message. While I HAVE heard of Sam Spade
> in the past, I didn't remember it nor did I know how to access it. . Now it
> is here for all to see, http://samspade.org/, a 1.75 Megabyte FREE download
> to trace back e-mail messages. Great info!

Definitely one of my more important tools for dealing with SPAM and
junkmail. I recommend it highly. I use it almost every day.

> By the way, I've had TWO Minis. An 850 cc Morris Mini, about 35 years ago
> and a 1275 cc Cooper sometime after that. Yours is absolutely the COOLEST!

Thanks for the kind words! I bought the original car in 1996, an
abused 1275 Mark III S, had just completed the restoration in 1998
when the next day got hit at an intersection a few blocks from my
house when a woman in a van, approaching from a cross street,
stopped at the stop sign and then accelerated right into my car,
destroying it and injuring me. I always watch to see if people are
going to stop properly, but never expected anyone to stop and go
without even looking, so she took me by surprise. I rolled the
entire settlement, for the car and for me, into the Mini you saw on
the web page: new bodyshell and subframes, complete rebuild of
everything from the old Mini, brakes suspension, engine unit, new
wiring loom, and so on. It took me a full year plus one day, working
pretty well full-time, to complete it and I did it all myself. Any
part that didn't come up to new spec was replaced. The body and
frames were sealed and primed with epoxy and then oven-baked; the
color was shot and then, months later, clear-coated and buffed out.
The smile on the grill was copied from Nick Park's Chevron
Commercial Cars, same gent does Wallace & Gromit and did "Chicken
Run." The color scheme and smile were already designed and in my
head and on my website when I got the original car. The name: "The
Luggage," is from a character in Terry Pratchett's excruciatingly
funny novels in his "Discworld" series. (I have Terry's signature on
the bonnet in gold paint; drove the wee beast all the way to Saint
Louis in 110 degree f. July weather so he could sign it; 800 mile
round trip).

My other car, my usual daily driver (winter and summer with the top
down, unless it's pouring) is a Victor TF based on a 77 MGB. It's
laid up with a broken throw-out bearing, waiting for some warm days
to get fixed. I won't let anybody else fix my cars and I'm too old
to lie out on freezing concrete.  ;)

I also have a Mark II MGA on the paving behind my house and an MGB
engine and transmission to go in it, waiting for nice weather and
enough time.

> Thanks - and Happy New year to you!

Same wishes for you and the rest of our group; may 2002 be the best
yet so far.

-Rock  http://www.rocky-frisco.com
--
Red Dirt Rangers (Rocky on piano): http://www.reddirtrangers.com