Re: HELP! I lost my ignition key

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: HELP! I lost my ignition key
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 11:10:02 -0800
Too bad it's not a 66... you could use a nail file in the ignition, or an
old suitcase key...

Seriously, discounting a house call by the locksmith, you could use a floor
jack under the front cross member to give you some steering capability. The
jacks usually have a pivoting head. So long as you don't have any big gaps
or soft spots to cross that would trap the tiny wheels, it should work. A
helper or two (or three) would come in handy.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149

///