Re: Front Suspension

To: alfordj@hhmi.org
Subject: Re: Front Suspension
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 10:45:22 -0500
Jim,
  I redid the front suspension of my '72 GT last winter. All my parts
came from Moss. As they were o/s of the complete kits, I got the bushings
and the swivel pins, then had them pressed out and reamed locally, but
that required some chasing around and waiting.    Given my choice, I
would buy their complete kit.
  The original swivel pins in your car are now 21 years old. Who can say
what obstacles and potholes they have struck in that time?  Many
recommend that they be magnafluxed, and that seems sensible to me, which
is why I just bought new.
  The job itself is straightforward, except that you need to write down
the orientation of the lower end of the swivel pin and the upper trunnion
as you remove them---well, maybe you don't need to record it on paper,
but I thought I followed the drawing in the WS manual only to find that I
had them inside-out.
  Consider new coil springs while you are replacing everything else.
Bob

On Fri, 4 Jan 2002 13:26:37 -0500 "Alford, James" <alfordj@hhmi.org>
writes:
> Happy New Year!
> I plan to rebuild the suspension on my 1975 MGB this

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///