GASOLINE IN OIL

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: GASOLINE IN OIL
From: Montgomery Morris <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2002 18:23:20 -0800
Hello all,
car is now starting but....

This 79B has been sitting for a month while I sent of the dizzy to be
inspected. it ran fine when it was garaged. I converted last night to a
points dizzy and got it started  but ran real rough and smoked like crazy
from a gasket leak between the manifold and the catalytic converter. The
oil dipstick now shows over a quart past the max level and the oil smells
like gas. Not being a mechanic, I haven't a clue what this could be or how
to test and remedy it. It seems to me that this could be the reason for
fouling 2 sets of plugs (by the way can you just clean fouled plugs and get
them back to normal?).
Clueless,
Monte

///