Re: Today it drives!!! Of course have new problems...

To: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Subject: Re: Today it drives!!! Of course have new problems...
From: Patton Dickson <kpdii@softhome.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2002 22:23:20 -0600
At 07:22 PM 1/6/2002, David Councill wrote:
>If this is a 67B as your signature suggests then -
>1. The water temperature gauge should be the combination oil
>pressure/water temperature gauge. It would work regardless of the ignition
>being on or off as its a bit more primitive (mechanical rather than
>electrical). Its possible the needle is stuck. I had one that would barely
>respond. Either way, you can have it serviced at Nisonger or Mo-Ma
>(Momanm@aol.com). You have to remove the gauge plus the long cable that
>leads to the temp sensor in the block (its all one unit). The oil pressure
>part, a small oil line, disconnects at the gauge. Costs about $90 or $95
>for complete repair and calibration.

I have the dual gauge, sorry I didn't specify. I know about Nisonger, they
rebuilt a tach for me several years ago.  Mo-Ma is a new name for me
though.   I used to have a spare gauge, but I gave it away when I sold the
Sprite.  I never tested it to see if it worked either though.

>2. I agree on the fuel cap. Its hard to believe a MGB fuel cap could seal
>so good to allow pressure build up although I did see this with my son's
>65B. Back in 67 there wasn't as much concern about trapping fuel vapor -
>that came later (1970?) with the fuel vapor separator and the charcoal
>cannister. The label on your cap sounds like it is the wrong cap to me.

Even if it isn't the cause of the stall, I need to replace it, so I'm glad
Paul pointed it out.

Thanks
Patton

Patton Dickson - Richmond, TX
1965 Corvair Monza 110/4sp 'vert
1967 MGB

New Website!!!!  All New Format!!! All New Location!!!!
http://carport.virtualave.net/

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///