Re: Help Identifying Electrical Componets

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Help Identifying Electrical Componets
From: "Jerry Causey" <jcausey@whidbey.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 16:56:27 -0800
John:
My 'B is a '67, and our electrical components are similar, though
not exactly alike, but here goes anyway. The control box (voltage
regulator in US English) (2) is a lump with several wires hanging
out the bottom, notably a rather thick brown one which goes down
to the starter. It's mounted on a flat panel near the fuse box, and is
about 3 times the size of the fuse box. The previous owner may
have updated your alternator to one with an internal regulator, so
don't worry if it is missing. My voltage stabilizer (64) (and probably
yours) is inside the car, up very high on the fire wall, on the driver's
(left) side. It's a smallish cube with 3 or 4 (or 5) thin wires going to
it.
Speaking of electrical updates, if you don't find two 6-volt batteries
(3) in the bins behind the seats, don't worry about that either. A
single, Group 26, 12-volt battery is a popular replacement.

Regards,
Jerry Causey