Re: MGB Brake Light Trouble

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB Brake Light Trouble
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 11:41:15 -0800
One of the most common problems is corrosion at the junctions in the wiring
that are located in the boot (trunk in American!). You will recognize the
junctions as black tubular thingies. Pull the wires from either end and give
both the wire ends (bullets) and the inside of the connector a thorough
cleaning with a mild abrasive and/or electrical contact cleaner. You may
need to trace the entire circuit from the fuse box  and clean every single
connector to fix the problem.

Also check the ground wire for the rear lights. it leads to the body inside
the boot, somewhere around where the license plate bolts through.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149

///