BMIHT accuracy?

To: "MG Net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: BMIHT accuracy?
From: "Tom Bott" <tbott1@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 17:14:17 -0500
Good Day List,

I just received my BMIHT certificate for my latest addition and was wondering
if anyone has any info as to their accuracy.  The car number and engine number
they provided matches the numbers on the car.  However, they list the body
number as 917 and the plate on the body of my car reads "MGB 001117".  A
difference of exactly 200. Has anyone else experienced any discrepancies?

Also they list exterior color as black, trim color as red, hood color as grey
and optional factory tonneau as red.  Judging from the condition of the seats
and frames in my car, they appear to be original.  They are black leather with
white piping.  According to Clausagers book, the only combination they list
for Mark I roadsters with a red tonneau (on a black exterior) is red seat
liners with black piping.

I'm more curious about the history of the car right now and am un-decided as
to putting it back to the original factory colors.  I got a whole lotta body
work to do before I get to the color schemes.  Does anyone know of a good
source of pics showing various color schemes?  As mentioned, I have the
"Original MGB" book and "MGB The Illustrated History" and a couple others but
maybe someone knows of another book I'm missing or some web sites with good
pics.  (particularly mark I models).

Thanks Folks,

Tom
62 MGB