Re: Garage Heaters - slightly off topic

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Garage Heaters - slightly off topic
From: Michael C Taglieri <miket-nyc@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 02:15:24 -0500
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 10:59:43 EST
From: Ajhsys@aol.com

In a message dated 1/24/02 10:12:25 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jello@ida.net
writes:

> I live where it's cold.  I also do my own work on the cars.  Since my
> garage isn't well insulated, it gets cold.  I've heard that the radient
> quartz/electric heaters heat the stuff in the garage, not the air, and
> therefore keep it nice and warm.  Does anyone have
background/experience
> with these??  My garage is pretty large, and quite full of stuff to
heat
> up.  I don't want to use kerosene or propane, because then I'd have to
> vent it.

Unless your garage has been specially insulated and sealed, it's almost
certainly vented well enough already.  I use an Aladdin kerosene heater
in my garage and it works fine.  It's even made in England....

Mike Taglieri -- miket-nyc@juno.com