RE: Right hand mirror

To: "'Larry Hoy'" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>, "'MG List'"
Subject: RE: Right hand mirror
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 09:51:24 -0800
Larry:

        The 165-250 does match the one in your photos.  It uses the center
mount mirror, which is only available in flat glass.  I've heard of folks
installing specially cut convex mirror glass to the head, but that seems a
tad over the top.

        One problem to look out for.  Before bodging big holes in your door
make sure that the mirror can be pivoted far enough to be useful without
hitting the door or vent frame.  I ran into this problem with the '73 style
mirrors and don't know for certain if it is solved yet.  There are at least
two types of original mirror head.  The center mount, which we repro and the
offset mount that is not available.  If there is a clearance problem
sourcing a used offset head and re-mirroring may be a way to go.

        The mirror base and head are nice repros, but it has been difficult
to ascertain if the fit is going to be correct for all applications.

        If anyone has run into specific problems, please let me know and I
will see that it gets into the catalogs.

Kelvin.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///