Re: Tranny switch?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tranny switch?
From: steveb5815@juno.com
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 09:19:33 -0500
Hi Frank,
How's it feel to be a civvy again?
The switch you are refering to is for the Shift Activated Advance
Solenoid (I can't recall the propper name). It is activated in 4th gear
and the solenoid is attached to the top cover of the master cylinder
mount. Vacuum hoses attach to it from the manifold and dizzy. It causes
full vacuum advance in 4th only.
Steve Bettencourt
http://www.bmcne.com
webmaster@bmcne.com

On Fri, 01 Feb 2002 09:22:52 -0500 frank krajewski <frankk@intap.net>
writes:
> Ok it's time for my first dumb question of the year. At least I made
> it
> to February this year! I have just removed the engine and tranny
> from my
> 1980 MGB LE as I am preparing to rebuild the motor. I do not have an
> od
> tranny but when I was disconnecting wires that were connected to
> switches on the tranny I found there was a switch in addition to the
> back up light switch that had two wires running to it. It is smaller
> than the back up switch and is located on the right top side of the
> tranny. Does anyone know what its function is?
> Frank "Swamp Yankee" Krajewski

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///