RE: MGTD MGA Jack Recall

To: "'MGTD1952@cs.com'" <MGTD1952@cs.com>, mgs@autox.team.net,
Subject: RE: MGTD MGA Jack Recall
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 09:31:54 -0800
The web page information should be back up shortly, but for the moment I can
post an un-official nutshell.

The repro jacks for the MGTD and MGA have the same problem experienced in
the original jacks.  The center threaded rod is retained in the body of the
jack by a ring.  When fully extended the ring can fail and the center
threaded rod continue to extend out of the jack body.  Under recall the
center threaded rod will be modified to ensure that this will not happen.

All reproduction jacks are covered by the recall.

Any original jacks should also be carefully inspected and modified to insure
their safety.

Safety Fast

Kelvin Dodd.

> I could not find it on the site either, but i notice that you
> can no longer
> call up the Jack, either by description or part number.
> Perhaps they hae not
> yet posted the notice.
>
> I'd say either call, or send them an e-mail.
>
> Kelvin, you out there?  Any info to add?
>

> In a message dated 1/31/02 7:47:06 PM Pacific Standard Time,
> lpalmer@mn.mediaone.net writes:
>

> > Could anyone be a bit more specific as to where on the Moss web site
> > details can be found? I purchased on of these jacks, but have never
> > really been happy with the "fit and finish". However, I
> can't seem to
> > find any details on their site, as implied.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Lew Palmer

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list