Re: Safety Fast - Cops are not all that bad. (OT)

To: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Subject: Re: Safety Fast - Cops are not all that bad. (OT)
From: "James H. Nazarian, Ph.D." <microdoc@zoominternet.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 22:46:09 -0500
"Kai M. Radicke" wrote:

> Jack Feldman wrote:
>
> > When I saw the Police car I wondered how much it would cost to
> > be 25 MPH over the speed limit.
>
> Well, in Pennsylvania it will cost you precisely $178 dollars and five
> points on your record... I was ticketed this morning at 7AM for doing
> 27.5mph over a posted speed limit (which was 40).  This during my regular 2
> mile commute to the train station.
>
> I suppose that is the irony of having another family member crash less than
> 12 hours previously, into a car that was uninspected, parked the wrong way
> and whose driver was uninsured and that person received no citations for
> lack of necessary paperwork to associated with the privilege of driving...
> but of course, The Man stuck it to me... an insured driver with an inspected
> car (same municipality).
>
> So Jerry Erbesfield, you don't have the worst luck in the world... I do :P
>
> Kai

Kai, I'm truly sorry for your mother's collision, and your getting caught
speeding especially when this happens before the ink dried on the previous
incident. BUT... do I  detect an attitude? Your mother collided with a
stationary
vehicle, and according to your story she had no assistance from anyone else. Now
you sound like you are bitter at being singled out for doing 67.5 mph in a 40
mph
zone?  According to my calculator, you were doing 168.75 % of the legal speed
limit, dude. That's equivalent to doing 109.7 mph on the Interstate (65 mph
zone). You're lucky they didn't give you free room and board for a few nights.
You are lucky he didn't cite you for reckless driving, and yank your ticket for
6
months. Make no mistake, cops are not my favorite segment of the population, but
they are not causing the Radicke family's problems. YOU've got to slow down, and
mom's got to drive more carefully. Unfortunate as it may be, 'tain't the cop's
fault, friend. Lose the attitude before you go to court, Kai, magistrates have
big fists. I hope your luck improves starting now.

Jim
microdoc@zoominternet.net
1960 MGA 1600 Very Red
1974 MGB-GT Damask (Very Burgundy) Red