RE: Not Valve Tick Tick

To: Eckersmg@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Not Valve Tick Tick
From: Duinhoven_Hans@emc.com
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 03:54:00 -0500
I once had this noise in the engine of my very 1st car: a Citroen 2 CV AZAM
1965. This was the De Luxe type where the wipers had a parking option,
rather than the regular type where you had to switch the wipers off on your
desired position....

The engine suffered of serious wear of the main crankshaft bearings.
It did not last long before the engine died.
There are methods to check this by tilting the shaft at the pully when the
belt is off. Perhaps other listers know better ways.

I hope this did not scare you to much.

Cheers,

Hans