Sightings

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Sightings
From: bruce <mgb1964@cois.on.ca>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 10:38:13 -0500
All:

        Thought you might be interested in this. Yesterday the 6th I along with
some friends was driving back from Florida along the I 75 route. I am from
Canada and had been down on a cruise to Cozumel.

        At Morgantown we stopped at about 8:00 am at the Cracker Barrel for
breakfast. The waitress noticed that I was wearing a sweatshirt with an MG
logo on it and commented that her father had a 58 and a 72 MG.  We had a
great conversation re the merits of driving MGs in warmer weather as it was
around 32 degrees out.

        As we left the restaurant it was my turn to drive and low and behold
within 2 miles I spotted a white chrome bumper MGB heading north. As I
passed it (9:10 am) it had a parcel strapped to the luggage rack on back
and the passenger seat and back seat was filled with "stuff" . The driver
was bundled up and merrily driving along. If it was a list member ---you
were noticed--. It must have been a good Oman as we had clear sailing all
the way back home.

Bruce Phillips
64 rdstr
69 gt