RE: Super-Maggot?

To: "'WSpohn4@aol.com'" <WSpohn4@aol.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Super-Maggot?
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 10:59:18 -0800
> Kelvin - interesting idea, but why waste a nice motor like
> that on a Magnette

        Too difficult to cool the alloy V8?  Because it is there?  Something
very disturbing happened in my childhood?

> For those unfamiliar with mechanical injection, it uses a cam
> that controls
> fuel flow - instead of programming a computer or burning
> another PROM chip,
> you just take the old Dremel to the fuel cam to lean it out
> in some part of
> the range, or make a new cam.

        New aftermarket cam for Dodge Cummins Turbo Diesel Mechanical Fuel
Injection $100.00

        Increases power from 160HP stock to 290HP, installs in 15 minutes.
Ya gotta love it.  It makes squeezing power out of sports cars seem kinda
lame.

        MG content.  An MG is often the content of the 18' trailer behind
the Dodge Truck.  Except on the last trip when the content was a Deux
Chevaux one way and what I think was a 58 Morgan the other.

Kelvin.  TGIF

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///