Re: NJ (USA) members- a question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: NJ (USA) members- a question
From: MGTD1952@cs.com
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 18:43:44 EST
In a message dated 2/13/02 6:07:42 AM Pacific Standard Time,
saidel@camden.rutgers.edu writes:

> What do QQ plates signify in terms of restrictions?  What is the
> benefits/hidden costs to them?

They cost about $35, more if you try to get vanity.  The registration is good
for 3 years, and there is no inspection, etc.  Technically, if you have QQ's,
you are only supposed to use the vehicle for parades, shows, to and from
events, etc.  In other words, don't plan on using it as a daily driver.

I've been pulled over once or twice, andwas never asked.  Both cases, a light
was out, and I was able toBS may way out of it (Damn English electrics, no
wonder they drink warm beer, ha ha.) .  Promise to get it fixed and they said
ok (and of course, I did get it fixed PDQ).

I guess if they saw you driving it regularly, they could do something.

Steve in NJ

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///