brake pads accomplished

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: brake pads accomplished
From: Michael Jose <mwjose@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 19:38:16 -0700
Thanks to everyone for the ideas
I ended up becoming frustrated and taking the calipers off.  From there
it wasn't too difficult to simply grab them and push til my fingers were
a little sore.  Did the trick pretty easily.  I was a little low on
brake fluid, so I ended up about even as per the fluid flowing up to the
reservoir.  Best part: no squeaks!
Now onto the bad news: the ignition light is still coming on.  I checked
the voltage at the battery, and I have 12.6 with the car off, and 12.5
with it on.  When I turn on the lights, I get 12.4 or 12.3.  The light
glows dimly, getting brighter at lower revs.  The car always starts, and
the alternator plug is now secure, so what's the culprit?  I have been
through so many alternators, I would simply like to get this one
solved.  Any ideas or things to check would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
mike jose
79 B
Phoenix