Re: no fan motors

To: "Carl W. French" <cfrench@cybertours.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: no fan motors
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 09:13:28 -0000
No relay in 4-cylinder cars, only the V8.  The feed comes off the fusebox on
a white/brown, to an in-line fuse, onto a green (not the same green as at
the fusebox) and to the rad switch.  From the rad switch on a black/green to
the fan(s) through a 2-pole connector, from the fan(s) to ground back
through the 2-pole connector.

If shorting out the rad switch runs the fans then you have found your
problem as others have said.  If it doesn't check the voltage at the two
terminals of the rad switch.  If they show 12v then check the 2-pole
connector in the black orange feeding the fans.  If that shows 12v on the
black as well as the black/orange the ground is bad.  If the fan switch
doesn't show 12v remove the short.  If the green on the rad switch now shows
12v you have a bad connection back towards the fusebox, check the in-line
fuseholder and connection at the fusebox.  If the green at the rad switch
doesn't show 12v with the short removed you have a break back towards the
fusebox, check the fuse and connections as before.