Re: cant get to Just Brits

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: cant get to Just Brits
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 09:40:34 +1030
David Littlefield wrote:

> I'm guessing it is no coincidence that the address gets you to a site put
> together by Skye Poier, a fellow lister.
>
> I'm hoping that this is an error and that Skye is not purposely hacking
> Ed's site.  Whatever personal issues exist, messing with someone's
> livelihood is damned serious.  Skye?

David,

If you spent more than a nano-second looking at it you would have
realised that rather than "hacking Ed's site", Skye was previously
HOSTING Ed's site - and probably for a darn good deal, too.

"FFWD is a non-profit internet community project started in
1997 by Skye Poier. It provides a home to alternative
content on the Internet by providing near-cost services as
well as standard and customized commercial hosting
packages to businesses around the world. It has grown to
host nearly 70 web sites (listed to the right), 30 shell
accounts, countless hours of mixed music and mail lists
with thousands of subscribers."

Sorry all, but if you lack knowledge, you ASK.  You don't start a
baseless, defamatory (and frankly ludicrous) rumour on a mailing list.

Obviously feelings are still running high and nerves are still raw over
the "Ed incident" - but please.

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII