Re: Triumph Stag / MGB Hybrid

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Triumph Stag / MGB Hybrid
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 18:26:27 EST
In a message dated 05/03/02 3:13:10 PM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> Just to really confuse 'em, let's throw the Daimler 2.5 V8 into the mix...

A much nicer engine - the Turner designed alloy hemi was a neat mill, and the
larger version from the Majestic Major would really make an SP-250 fly - too
bad the poor car was so mutt-ugly, and had such poor suspension (Triumph
sourced). I love when they put these next to my Jensen CV-8 - it's about the
only car that can make the
CV-8 look at least decent in terms of styling.

As for the TR-7 engine - why not play around with the Saab version,
especially the turbo - that would make an MGB move out. Of course it would
still be an MGB, instead of something really interesting like an MGA......:-)

Bill

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///