need some distributor parts

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: need some distributor parts
From: rexcats <rexcats@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 11:45:59 -0800
HI everyone

We need a vacuum advance unit & an optical sensor that works with a crane
electronics unit for a distributor on a 79 MGB that is SMOG legal.  Anyone
got some of these parts laying around that they want to get rid of?  A new
distributor would not be SMOG legal, and MOSS and VB do not carry these
parts.  This is the car that through a rod and it burned up these parts on
the distributor.  So would appreciate if someone knows of where to get these
parts.  WE almost have the engine completely rebuilt, the hubby MGFIXER has
been working diligently in all his spare time, so hope to soon put it back
in and get this car on the road.  The deal for our son was he had to drive
our van first for a year anyway to get more driving experience before we set
him loose in the B, and July makes a year.  He keeps reminding us, and is
looking forward to the ease of finding a place to park his B this summer
after parallel parking the big ole van for a year, he says the B will be
great!  That and the fact that he thinks every cute girl is going to fall in
love with him when they see him driving his little sports car<LOL>  Oh
teenage years, where did they go?
Thanks
 Lisa Ann
a view into our world