Re: Steering wheel identity

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Steering wheel identity
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 11:41:07 -0800
As Lawrie points out, 67 GTs did have a Special Edition option. You should
look it up and see if they had a wheel that matches yours. I think there's a
page on the NAMGBR site devoted to them.

But if roadsters did, nothing is known about it. I was just saying that
Patton had no evidence one way or the other, other than that the wheel
"looked old" -- and a lot of us can say the same thing.

I should post a photo of mine, so you can see the "well worn" condition. And
it also uses the original center push -- they do that because the
aftermarket manufacturers didn't want to be responsible for creating and
stocking dozens of different marque badges, and different types of horn
switch connections. It was simpler to just design the marque-specific hubs
to accept the factory center pieces.

--

Max Heim